July 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
My original goals are in normal text, finished goals have been crossed off, and my comments are in italics.
- To run at least one official 5K. (I don’t know if I can commit to 8 without having done one first.) - I still haven’t signed up for one since I moved to Chigagoland, but I’m looking into local races.
Make a quilt for a someone secret (the fabric has been purchased!) - This goal is the chevron lap quilt I made for my sister’s 21st birthday. Blog post here Knit ThroughtheLoops’ 2013 Mystery Sock– Blog post here Knit-a-long with my ZPDK: Azzu’s Shawl- I changed the pattern to Estuary, blog post here.
- Get a great photo of the two of us for this year. - We usually get a photo together at our family vacation, but with Cameron’s new schedule, he may not get to go.
- Sew a new dress. - I have fabric and patterns, but I haven’t sat down to sew anything other than my sister’s quilt.
- Begin to reduce the amount of “stuff” I own. As much I am attached to many of my things, I think much of it is weighing me down. - Since we moved, I have less “stuff” in our house, but I haven’t really gotten rid of anything that I left at my parent’s house.
- Run 100 miles in 2013. - According to my running app, I’ve logged nearly 34 miles so far this year. Considering I didn’t run for four months, only just starting in June, I’d say I’m still chugging along.
It’s nice to see progress!
July 5, 2013 § Leave a comment
I finished another one of my 8 in 2013 goals, with a small change. Instead of knitting Azzu’s Shawl, I decided that I would knit Estuary, another option for our knit-a-long.
July 2, 2013 § 1 Comment
My inspiration was this quilt , but I hadn’t referenced it once I had started piecing this one together.
I made 7″ half square triangles with a black and a white print. It ended up being about 52.5″ x 46″. I machine quilted about a quarter inch away from the seams on all the black stripes. I hand sewed the binding down. I also embroidered with back stitch (the only stitch I really know how to do) her name, the year, and her birthdate on the side.
I’m quite pleased with how it turned out and I hope it will always match my sister’s decor. She reported that she loves it, which is a success in my book.
February 3, 2013 § 3 Comments
One down, seven to go!
One of my knitting goals was to follow along with Kirsten’s 2013 Mystery Sock. I knit them mostly two at a time, until I realized the needle size I was using would result in too long of a foot to finish the pattern, so I switched to smaller DPNs after the heel and gusset, and back to the original needles for the toes.
I used Sundara Sock in Adobe that I got from Bertha. It was just right for this pattern. Thanks, B!
January 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
Stephanie has a great idea, here.
My goals for this year are:
- To run at least one official 5K. (I don’t know if I can commit to 8 without having done one first.)
- Make a quilt for a someone secret (the fabric has been purchased!)
- Knit ThroughtheLoops’ 2013 Mystery Sock (Ravelry)
- Knit-a-long with my ZPDK: Azzu’s Shawl (Ravelry)
- Get a great photo of the two of us for this year.
- Sew a new dress.
- Begin to reduce the amount of “stuff” I own. As much I am attached to many of my things, I think much of it is weighing me down.
- Run 100 miles in 2013.
January 23, 2012 § 2 Comments
I’ve been away, but I’ve been living in a winter wonderland.