8 in 2013: Six Months to Go
July 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
My original goals are in normal text, finished goals have been crossed off, and my comments are in italics.
- To run at least one official 5K. (I don’t know if I can commit to 8 without having done one first.) – I still haven’t signed up for one since I moved to Chigagoland, but I’m looking into local races.
Make a quilt for a someone secret (the fabric has been purchased!) – This goal is the chevron lap quilt I made for my sister’s 21st birthday. Blog post here Knit ThroughtheLoops’ 2013 Mystery Sock– Blog post here Knit-a-long with my ZPDK: Azzu’s Shawl– I changed the pattern to Estuary, blog post here.
- Get a great photo of the two of us for this year. – We usually get a photo together at our family vacation, but with Cameron’s new schedule, he may not get to go.
- Sew a new dress. – I have fabric and patterns, but I haven’t sat down to sew anything other than my sister’s quilt.
- Begin to reduce the amount of “stuff” I own. As much I am attached to many of my things, I think much of it is weighing me down. – Since we moved, I have less “stuff” in our house, but I haven’t really gotten rid of anything that I left at my parent’s house.
- Run 100 miles in 2013. – According to my running app, I’ve logged nearly 34 miles so far this year. Considering I didn’t run for four months, only just starting in June, I’d say I’m still chugging along.
It’s nice to see progress!