July 6, 2013 § Leave a comment
My original goals are in normal text, finished goals have been crossed off, and my comments are in italics.
- To run at least one official 5K. (I don’t know if I can commit to 8 without having done one first.) – I still haven’t signed up for one since I moved to Chigagoland, but I’m looking into local races.
Make a quilt for a someone secret (the fabric has been purchased!) – This goal is the chevron lap quilt I made for my sister’s 21st birthday. Blog post here Knit ThroughtheLoops’ 2013 Mystery Sock– Blog post here Knit-a-long with my ZPDK: Azzu’s Shawl– I changed the pattern to Estuary, blog post here.
- Get a great photo of the two of us for this year. – We usually get a photo together at our family vacation, but with Cameron’s new schedule, he may not get to go.
- Sew a new dress. – I have fabric and patterns, but I haven’t sat down to sew anything other than my sister’s quilt.
- Begin to reduce the amount of “stuff” I own. As much I am attached to many of my things, I think much of it is weighing me down. – Since we moved, I have less “stuff” in our house, but I haven’t really gotten rid of anything that I left at my parent’s house.
- Run 100 miles in 2013. – According to my running app, I’ve logged nearly 34 miles so far this year. Considering I didn’t run for four months, only just starting in June, I’d say I’m still chugging along.
It’s nice to see progress!
July 5, 2013 § Leave a comment
I finished another one of my 8 in 2013 goals, with a small change. Instead of knitting Azzu’s Shawl, I decided that I would knit Estuary, another option for our knit-a-long.
February 3, 2013 § 3 Comments
One down, seven to go!
One of my knitting goals was to follow along with Kirsten’s 2013 Mystery Sock. I knit them mostly two at a time, until I realized the needle size I was using would result in too long of a foot to finish the pattern, so I switched to smaller DPNs after the heel and gusset, and back to the original needles for the toes.
I used Sundara Sock in Adobe that I got from Bertha. It was just right for this pattern. Thanks, B!
January 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
Stephanie has a great idea, here.
My goals for this year are:
- To run at least one official 5K. (I don’t know if I can commit to 8 without having done one first.)
- Make a quilt for a someone secret (the fabric has been purchased!)
- Knit ThroughtheLoops’ 2013 Mystery Sock (Ravelry)
- Knit-a-long with my ZPDK: Azzu’s Shawl (Ravelry)
- Get a great photo of the two of us for this year.
- Sew a new dress.
- Begin to reduce the amount of “stuff” I own. As much I am attached to many of my things, I think much of it is weighing me down.
- Run 100 miles in 2013.
October 1, 2011 § Leave a comment
August 15, 2011 § 1 Comment
Pattern: Beatnik, Knitty, Deep Fall 2010
Cast on: June 15, 2011
Finished: August 5, 2011
Needles: US 6 for ribbing at hem, cuffs, and collar. US 8 for body and sleeves.
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, 5.5 skeins.
Size: Small (36)
Modifications: I worked set-in sleeves instead of working separate pieces and sewing them in.
It turned out great! I’m pleased it fits and, as a bonus, I had just bought the yarn specifically for this sweater and then I turned right around and made it quite quickly.
December 28, 2010 § 1 Comment
I’ve been home from school for nearly two weeks and it’s been going by very quickly. Christmas and all of it’s traditions have come and gone and now it’s almost time for the new year.
A bit of mindless, but satisfying knitting that’s been keeping me company.